Thursday 13 July 2017

New Beginnings Art Journal Page

Hi all

Today I have an art journal spread to share with you all which I also did while at the crop on Saturday.

I wanted to have a messy day while there so only took my art journal and mixed media products with me I will say though I did not take everything I own to do art journalling lol.

So here it is


The stamped sentiment reads: What appears to be the end is usually the start of a new beginning. I thought this sentiment fitted the layout so well.

For this piece I used the following products:
Large Dylusions Art Journal
Liquitex Basic Paints
White Gesso
Dylusions Stamp
Andy Skinner Stencil
Black Gesso 
Brushes

All of this page has been painted by hand I have not sketched anything out before hand and is the first time I have attempted something like this, Yes most will say oh its not great but to me I am happy with it and that is what matters as it is my art journal and is something for me.

For my first attempt at something like this is not bad going at all, and I hope it inspires you to give art journalling a go there are no rules just go for it and go with the flow as they say.

 Don't be scared on starting that first page in your journal as it is for YOU. Do what makes you happy and let yourself go with what ever materials you want to use on your page.

Xx The Crafty Bat xX






3 comments:

  1. I was looking for a link to create something handmade for my mom for her birthday! I guess i have finally found what to make here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad my Art Journal Piece has inspired you on what to make for you Mom's Birthday. I am sure she will love what you do for her :) Happy Crafting x

      Delete