Tuesday 10 October 2017

Steampunk Mixed Media Skull Canvas

Hello Lovelies.

Well it is all go here at HQ as I have a couple of market nights I am taking part in so have been busy working on products for those,I also have a class I am teaching in November so have been busy getting things in order for all that amongst much more.

So today I have a new creation to share with you all which has been made for the Halloween market night I am taking part in. 

Here is my Steampunk Mixed Media Skull Canvas

This picture was taken with the flash on with a little more light



Here we have some close up pictures to show the detail and texture on the canvas





A close up picture of the skull in the centre of the canvas 


Lastly another picture of the canvas but this time with not flash


This canvas was so much fun to bring to life and I love how it all came together. 
The products I used to make this piece are as follows:

9 x 9 inch Canvas
Sand Texture Paste 
Crackle Paste 
Modelling Paste
Glass Bead Gel
Grey Board Cogs and Gears which I die cut using the Tim Holtz Gadget Gears #2
Black Gesso
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Waxes (I used a mixture of Opal Magic and Antique Brilliance)
Indigo Blue Miss Moneypenny Metallic Paint
Indigo Blu Kingfisher Blue Metallic Paint
Mike Deakin Steampunk Skull Stencil


I am loving working with the Art Alchemy waxes they are so easy to use and give a stunning effect, they also smell really nice too, as you can see from the list I used a variety of different materials to give me the texture and look I was going for.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this and it has given you some inspiration to get your mixed media products out and to get messy and creative, remember there are no mistakes only happy accidents.

As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, this canvas will be available to purchase in a market night which will be running on Facebook on 13th October

Kelly
Xx The Crafty Bat xX




No comments:

Post a Comment