Friday 10 March 2017

DIY Distress Ink Background Combination Swatch

Hi all 

I have been working on a swatch of background combinations using my Distress Inks and thought you would all like to see it and get some inspiration from it for some background combinations

This is not complete but isn't far off so once I have done the last few to add to it I shall update you all. I can not take full credit for these background combinations as I had done a lot of searching around on Pinterest, Google, Blogs and so on majority of these have come from the colors of magic which is run by Bianca, I also found some combinations from Simon Says Stamp blog and from me just playing around and making a note of the colours used.

This is what the swatch looks like




As you can see it looks very colourful. So what do you need to make your own?? You need the following Tags (any size you wish and any kind), Distress Inks, Blending Tool, and a Hinged Ring (I think the one I am using at the moment is 32mm but I would advise bigger), and lastly a pen. 


Each combination I have done one at a time and as soon as I have finished a combination I have flipped the tag over and written on each colour in the order I have done the combination. 

Here is an example of one of the swatches(Front and Back)


Lets do one together shall we :), So get your tag, distress inks (you can do the same colours as I have in the picture or your own choice) and your blending tools. Do one colour at a time starting at the top of the tag making sure you have enough room on your tag to do each one, So in this one I have 4 colours to do, I always go back over each colour a few times to lend them and to help build the colour up.


And here is how it will look once finished, Don't forget to jot down the colours in the order you did them on the back of the tag. I also always put which ink it is I have done the blend with.




This has become such a useful tool and is so handy to have, I take it with me when I have a craft day with my best friend and we have both used it, when it is not being used I hang it on a hook at the side of my small tower of drawers which sits on top of my desk so it is always at hand.

As you have seen with the first picture there is a fair few combinations, If you would like me to do a few other blog posts showcasing some more of the blends please do let me know, or if there is a particular blend you would like to know if I have done it and want to see again feel free to comment and let me know.I did not want to make this post so long that you got bored.

Xx The Crafty Bat xX

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant post and so helpful for us newbies just getting hooked on distress inks! Thank you 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than welcome, glad you have found this helpful :)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. It would be great to have a list of all the combos (cheeky I know) πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is something I can do over a few blog posts to break it up as it would be a long blog just on one. There is over 20 combinations :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so very much , color combos are very difficult for me and the right colors make all the difference . I would appreciate anything you share . Joy now Jan .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, you've reminded me I have a tag book from years ago, with techniques πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete