Sunday 27 November 2016

New Crafty Goodies

Hi all

Today's post is all about some new craft materials I have had over the past few weeks and thought I would show you all :)

So a for a while now I have been very intrigued about the Gelli Plates, So I started to watch some demo's/tutorials on You Tube some being from Lavinia Stamps and was really impressed with what you can do with the Gelli Plate and even more surprised that you can use a number of different materials with it also.

After seeing what you can do I started to look around everything I needed and realised I would have to get things bit by bit UNTIL.... I was looking through Lavinia Stamps website and come across the Gelli Plate Starter Kit :O and looked at what you get in the kit at the fab price they have it all for including getting to choose ANY two of their stamps with the kit... I was SOLD!!!

It arrived SUPER quick and I was so excited... Here is the kit


As you can see it comes in an A4 storage box which alone are about £2 each.. Now I bet you are wondering what you get in the kit?? 
Well here we are everything you get 


Included in the starter kit is the following:
Brayer Roller 
Gelli Plate 3" x 5"
Stamp Block
Pack of Matt Card 
Set of Distress Inks 
Versafine Onyx Black 
Versafine Deep Lagoon
Perfect Pearls
Glitter 
and ANY 2 Lavinia Stamps (I chose Eden and Spiral Of Spells)

You can get the kit HERE

The next thing I got was some Adirondack Ink Pads which have been discontinued so can be very hard to get hold of... The reason why I wanted these inks is because I have noticed on the majority of the videos I watched on the Gelli Plate people were using these inks as they give the best coverage and print. The distress inks do also work but sometimes you will find you will get a droplet effect with them which I would prefer a cleaner finish. So I searched all over and found a couple places that sell them and then I checked Ebay and so glad I did someone was selling them on auction the seller had put up different listings some were for 4 some were for 3 inks. One of the sets I bid on I lost :( GUTTED!! BUT I did win two lots YAY!! and at BARGAIN prices. These are the colours I have so far.


Lastly this week I got some awesome new materials from my local craft centre to do more Mixed Media Art work :D EEEEKKK!!!


We have some Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders, Black Gesso, Stencil, Spatulas, Crackle Paste, Modelling Paste, White WOW Embossing Powder and of cause ANOTHER Lavinia Stamp :D 

I can not wait to get stuck in with all these beauties and share with you all what I have been up to I am mostly excited about getting stuck in with the Gelli Plate and the Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder's. I will of cause share with you all what I make and will of cause share my views on the Pixie Powders.

Xx The Crafty Bat xX

No comments:

Post a Comment