Monday 29 August 2016

Imperfection Is Beauty Canvas

Hi all and welcome back to The Crafty Bat blog.

Today I have been busy working on another mixed media art canvas board piece, using some fantastic stamps by Visible Image, Distress Inks, Ink Sprays, Embossing Powders. I shall link to the stamps used at the end of this blog.

The main focal point of this piece is the beautiful Death Head Moth  along with the lightbulbs which is part of a set of stamps called Glimmer Of Light.


Other stamps used are The Galaxy Set, and Imperfection Is Beauty stamp all by Visible Image.

I started off by using distress inks to cover the canvas board it self, I then stamped on the swirls from the Galaxy Set once that was all done I set my canvas board to one side.

Next I got some watercolour card and used my Ink Sprays I only used two colours out of the ones i have, once i was happy with it I used my heat tool to dry it and then took my Moth stamp inked it up with embossing ink and stamp where i wanted them and then used some black embossing powder and then used my heat tool to set it, I did the same with the sentiment. The light bulbs were stamped with embossing ink again but onto smooth white card and I then used the black, and silver embossing powders for the cable part and some Glow In The Dark embossing powder for the light bulbs, this was all then set with an heat tool

Lastly i fussy cut all the parts out and made the wings curled under to give a 3D effect, these were then all glued into place once I was happy with where I wanted them.

Stamps used from Visible Image

Imperfection Is Beauty (Now apart of the Inkognito flower set)

I hope you like what I have done I really enjoyed making this piece with some of my favourtie stamps

The Crafty Bat

No comments:

Post a Comment