Saturday 13 August 2016

Galaxy Themed Mixed Media Art Canvas



Hello All and Welcome to The Crafty Bat


I am a big fan of the galaxy look so I wanted to create my own on a 5x5 framed canvas, I used the following materials: Distress Ink Pads, Blending Tool, Water, Dew Drop Ink, Water Brush and a lovely quote stamp from Bee Crafty.

To get the look I was after I had to decide on the colours I wanted to use this took some time with changing my mind then looking at other colour combos until I was finally happy

I layered up the colours bit by bit and then went over all the edging to give it a dark space look I finished the canvas off with a mixture of white ink and water and flicked it on.

Next I used a Star Stencil and my white ink with my water brush and coloured in the stars in the stencil and carefully removed the stencil.

The last part I then stamped the quote onto some smooth white card, cut it out and inked the edges up and then played about with where to put the quote. Once I was happy I then glued them into place. 

TAAADAAAA!!


One galaxy themed canvas complete with a fitting quote "Shoot for the moon Even if you miss you'll land among the STARS"

I hope this has given you some inspiration to have a try your self, play around with different colour combinations and techniques and most of all have fun doing it.


Bee Crafty  Stamps - http://www.beecrafty.net/stamps.irc

The Crafty Bat

Challenges:
I would like to enter this into the following 
Stencil-It- A Vintage Journey
Anything Goes - Crafting With An Attitude
Anything Goes - Through The Purple Haze
Anything Goes - Addicted To Stamps
August Anything Goes - Crafting By Designs
Anything Goes - Inspiration Destination

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kelly thank you for joining us over on
    Inspiration Destination
    Dianne xx
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background, it realy feels like looking into the universe. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martina. Really has made me smile with your comment.

      Delete
  3. Great colors and I love the stars background. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at the ATSM blog--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie DT--ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card. Great background. Thank you so much for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background, you did an amazing job! Thank you for joining Through The Purple Haze in our challenge, good luck!


    Lisbeth @ Lisbeths hobbyer
    FabrikaFantasy DT
    Through The Purple Haze (owner)
    Make It Crafty Gal
    DT Broken Fairy Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful galaxy themed canvas. I think you have captured those velvety midnight colours perfectly!Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours and design. Thanks for joining in the challenge at AVJ and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete