Monday 15 August 2016

Fairy Wishes


Hi all and welcome back to The Crafty Bat.

Today's post is to share with you all another mixed media piece which has been done on a canvas board. I had so so so much fun doing this one I had been itching to get going with something like this.

Lets get to it, For this piece the materials I have used are as follows: Distress Inks, Blending Tool, Template, Stamps and a Canvas Board.

So to start this beautiful beautiful piece off I firstly had to decide which way I wanted it to go Horizontal or Vertical I went with Horizontal to fit more detail in. Now to play about with a circle template as to where I wanted it to go once I was happy I temporary stuck it down using a bit of sticky off sticky notes ;) (This tip i picked up from a You Tube video).

Next the colours of distress inks to give me the look I wanted once I had chosen I used my mini blending tool to firstly cover the whole canvas board In one colour starting off the canvas and gradually on to it in a circular motion. 

The next colour I worked from the centre of the circle temple and out onto the canvas building the colour up slowly until I was happy. I then removed the circle carefully and then in small bits distressed the middle of the circle.

Once all the colours were built up to how I wanted them too look for the sky it was time to do the ground, I tore off some paper not being careful with it at all so I got a nice wavy (hilly) look this was then placed where I wanted it at the bottom of the canvas and was taped down either side on my desk so it would not move. Again working off the paper and onto the canvas in a circular motion I slowly built up the colour. I then carefully removed the torn paper to reveal a nice wavy (hilly) looking ground.

Now the fun part the stamping... The stamps I used are from Lavinia Stamps, Dylusions Stamps and Bee Crafty Stamps.

So I carefully positioned where i wanted my main feature stamp, inked her up using Black Memento ink, next I did the Vine stamping in the same way then used a lovely grass border stamp by Bee Crafty and lastly the lovely Dandelions from a set of Dyslusions Stamps by Dyan Revealey.

Here we have the finished piece... Fairy Wishes


I hope you have once again enjoyed coming over and taking a look at what I have been up to, I will link below where you can get the stamps from that I have used here.

The Crafty Bat 

Lavinia Stamps - http://laviniastamps.com/
Dysluions Stamps - http://www.afth.co.uk/dylusions---rubber-stamps-424-c.asp
Bee Crafty Stamps - http://www.beecrafty.net/stamps.irc

I would like to enter this piece into the following challenges:
Anything Goes - 613 Avenue Create
Things with wings - Crafting When We Can Challenges
Anything Goes With A Stamp - Penny Black and More Challenge
Anything Goes - Stamping Sensations

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous scenic card. All the different stamped images work beautifully together. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully stamped and inked card for our challenges this month, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and great stamping! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background and great stamping! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, pretty scene and stamping.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts August challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete